Blockbuster Moviez presents a sneak peak into this week’s big blockbuster release, DISHOOM.
It shows an Indian cricketing sensation at his very best hitting all the balls to boundaries, giving the bowlers a run for their money. However he gets kidnapped hours before the India-Pakistan final leaving the whole country zapped. Enter the team of Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez, police officers and RAW agents, who initiate the search for the kidnapped cricketer a la Dhoom. There is also a brief sizzling appearance of Nargis Fakhri, who is seen in a black sequined bikini.
What makes the film special
- The action adventure comedy packs the excitement of the game of cricket into entertainment. It shows how a first-rate Indian cricketer gets kidnapped 36 hours before the India-Pakistan final and how the entire system goes in search of him.
- The character of the cricketer in the film, played by Saqib Saleem, has been modelled on the lines of ace cricketer, Virat Kohli. He is attractive, well-built and is the country’s top batsman, who has the reputation of winning matches. Incidentally he is called Viraj Sharma.
- The film will see the three main actors doing complex stunts, including Varun Dhawan, who portrays an Emirati-Indian rookie cop in the movie. One of the stunts will involve Varun and John Abraham hanging out dangerously out of a chopper flying over Reem Island. There will also be complex car chases, police interrogations, besides a breath-taking speed boat chase as John and Varun chase the suspects.
- John Abraham will be seen in the role of a “no-nonsense, nicotine addicted special task force officer from Mumbai.
- The film marks the return of Akshaye Khanna to acting after a four year sabbatical. The Dil Chahta Hai actor will be seen playing a grey character named Wagha who abducts India’s best cricket player right before the India-Pakistan final.
- Among the visual highlights of the film will be the Emirates Palace, the Nurai Island and Liwa Desert and the rides at Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World on screen. The film is set in the Middle East and has been extensively shot in UAE, besides the valley of Morroco.
- The film has the foot-tapping musical score of Pritam. Among the songs that are trending are the title song and the Beiimaan Dil song.
With the adrenalin pumping action, death-defying stunts, mind-blowing locations and fast pace of the film, this film will definitely go the Dhoom way. This is just the beginning of a series of action adventures, where the Dishoom team will unravel one mystery after the other. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala under the banner of Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment along with Sunil Lulla of Eros Entertainment, Dishoom has been directed by Rohit Dhawan is scheduled for a July 29 release.
By Manishaa R